Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Gobbler Motel and Restaurant: The Television Commercial



From what I've been able to determine, this catchy commercial aired in the Milwaukee/Madison area broadcast market in the early to mid 1980's. Look closely, and you can see the restaurant's padded vinyl seating, the rotating bar, even the dance loft rendered in loving hand-painted detail! There's even a brief glimpse of the motel entrance in a pan shot.

I don't know the exact airdates, or which creative/advertising agency put it together, but it's delightful.

[Kindly uploaded to YouTube by user "miaotong"]

1 comment:

Fish said...

I started working at the Gobller after I turned 15 so early 1985. The commercial aired not long after that. Many people made great jokes about that ad. I wish I could remember them!!